Google Docs now has Approvals, a new feature that makes it easy to get feedback and approvals on your documents. With Approvals, you can send a document to anyone for review, and they can add comments, suggestions, and even approve or reject the document.
To use Approvals, open the document you want to send for review and click the “Review” tab. Then, click the “Get Approvals” button. In the pop-up window, enter the email addresses of the people you want to send the document to and add a message. You can also choose to require the reviewers to add comments or suggestions before approving the document.
When you’re ready to send the document, click the “Send” button. The reviewers will receive an email with a link to the document. They can then open the document and add their comments or suggestions. When they’re finished, they can click the “Approve” or “Reject” button.
If the reviewers approve the document, it will be automatically saved and you’ll receive an email notification. If they reject the document, you’ll be able to see their comments and suggestions so you can make changes.
Approvals is a great way to get feedback and approvals on your documents. It’s easy to use and it helps you keep track of the status of your documents.
Here are some tips for using Approvals:
- Make sure you only send documents for approval to people who need to see them.
- Be clear about what you need feedback on.
- Give reviewers enough time to review the document.
- Follow up with reviewers if they haven’t responded in a timely manner.
- Use Approvals to get feedback on all types of documents, including proposals, reports, and presentations.
Approvals is a great way to improve your workflow and get the feedback you need to create high-quality documents.
Google Approvals can be used in a variety of ways, depending on your needs. Here are a few examples:
- You can use it to approve expense reports, timesheets, or other documents.
- You can use it to approve marketing campaigns, product launches, or other business decisions.
- You can use it to approve employee requests for vacation time, sick leave, or other benefits.
- You can use it to approve vendor contracts, purchase orders, or other financial transactions.
To use Google Approvals, you first need to create a new approval workflow. This workflow will define the steps that need to be taken to approve a request, as well as the people who need to approve it. Once you have created a workflow, you can start creating requests. Each request will have a set of fields that need to be filled out, such as the type of request, the details of the request, and the deadline for approval.
Once you have filled out the fields, you can send the request to the people who need to approve it. The approvers will then be able to view the request and approve or reject it. If the request is approved, it will be processed. If the request is rejected, the requester will be notified and will need to resubmit the request with the necessary changes.
Google Approvals is a powerful tool that can help you streamline your approval process. It is easy to use and can be customized to meet your specific needs.